If you’re educated on the basics, packing isn’t too bad at all! Check out these important moving tips for packing the right way, the first time.
Packing 101 – How To Pack Like A Pro
When planning your move, one of the most challenging and time-consuming things on your list is packing your items. We’ve created a useful list of tips and tricks to ensure that you safely and efficiently pack your items in preparation for your move.
At REAL RocknRoll Movers, our professional movers and packers are fully trained to securely pack all of your items an safely transport them to your new destination, ensuring that your personal belongings reach their final destinationg in the same condition they left your home in.
OVer the past 10 years we’ve helped thousands of people move. We’d like to share our TOP tips on how you can pack your stuff like our professionals, saving yourself time, energy and money.
- Ideally, you should tape the bottom of every moving box with sturdy packing tape. Run the tape along the bottom sides and one strip down the bottom center of the box.
- Always use smaller boxes for heavier items.
- Always use large boxes for lightweight items.
- Wrap all fragile items individaully, using packing paper, bubble wrap or blankets.
- Always place some packing paper or bubble wrap on the bottom of a box to prevent breakage.
- Once you’ve packed a box, stuff the sides and top of the box with packing paper or paper bags. This helps prevent breakage and shifting.
- Always stack your fragile and lightweight boxes on top to prevent them from getting crushed.
- After sealing the boxes with packing tape, label or color code your boxes and group the ones that have items from the same room. This will save you time later on!
Packing Dishware & glasses
- Always use double corrugated boxes and cushion the bottom of the box using paper, bubble wrap, or blankets.
- Wrap each piece individually and bundle the flatware in a group; finally wrap the bundle together with stretch wrap.
- Never place one layer of glassware or dishware directly on top of the other. Make sure to add a paper layer, or bubble wrap in between each item.
- As for the top and sides of the box, cushion your items them using packing paper to keep the items steady and secure.
- Always use wardrobe boxes for packing clothes.
- Put the clothes on a hanger and hang them inside the wardrobe box
- Place your shoes in medium-sized boxes and make use of paper or bags to seperate them by pairs.
- For non-hanging clothes, fold each item and place them in linen-size boxes.
- You’ll need a picture box for packing pictures.
- Start by lining the bottom of the box using packing paper.
- After placing the picture inside, stuff the front, back and the top with more packing paper.
- If possible, pack more than one picture in the box. Be sure to separate them with layers of packing paper in between.
- If you still have the original cartons of your electronics, we suggest you use those boxes. If you don’t, then start by bubble wrapping each electronic item first, and then put them in larger boxes.
- Be sure to use packing paper in between to help secure each item and prevent scratching.
- Next, color code and lable your wires and cables with some tape and post-its , or colored cord wraps for easy reference and installation.
Packing Wood Furniture
- Furniture that is made out of pressed or engineered wood is usually not designed to be moved once it has been assembled. Most of the time, this type of furniture is not possible to move, nor it can be repaired.
- If your furniture can be disassembled, do this before moving day.
- Use stretch wrap to keep wood pieces together.
- Use a resealable bag to store all nails, bolts and fasteners.
Why People Love Us
We provide experienced, professional and friendly movers who love making your move safe and fun!
From moving and packing large homes to commercial & office moves, REAL RocknRoll Movers has you covered.
NO TRUCK FEES. NO STAIR FEES. NO LONG CARRY FEES. EVER. Don’t get nickel and dimed by other companies!
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance do I need to book my move?
At least 2 weeks is always preferred. The end of the month is the busiest time for moving, so please contact us well in advance to make sure that we have availability. Weekends are people’s preferred move days, so if you have the flexibility to move during the week, we can often accommodate moves with shorter notice.
Are you licensed and insured? Are your movers background checked?
Yes. We are licensed with the state of California ( Cal-T 190785) and the US Dept. of Transportation (USDOT# 3196979). We fully insured with Liability Insurance, Cargo Insurance and Workers Comp Insurance..
Do you pack my stuff or should I do it?
We offer full packing services at great rates. They would need to be scheduled when your move is booked. In the event you do not schedule packing services and choose to pack yourself, all items will need to packed and ready to go prior to our arrival on move day.
What is your delivery range?
We perform moves anywhere within CA. We do not offer interstate moving at this time.
Do you have moving pads, wrapping supplies, dollies and straps for the job?
Yes. Our trucks come equipped with all necessary dollies and equipment to handle your move successfully. All furniture items are covered with moving pads and then stretch wrapped to ensure safe travel.at.
Can you tell me exactly how much my move will cost me?
Because there are so many variables and every situation is so unique, it’s hard to provide an exact quote for a move. The info you provide helps us give you an estimate and can help get a ballpark figure for the job. We provide a Not To Exceed price for all moves.