Moving To-Do List & Calendar
The key to keeping your move stress-free is organization and preparation. Use this moving guide and you will ROCK your move day, guaranteed!
Getting Prepared For Your Move
As the leading moving company in Los Angeles, we cannot stress enough how important it is to have a good plan laid out before your move.
REAL talk: Moving your belongings from one location to another location is a tough job, and it can get overwhelming if there is no plan or preparation involved.
Not only that, with our busy lives and packed schedules adding a move to a full to-do list just seems impossible.
The reason moving is stressful for the majority of the people, is that they are faced with multiple tasks all at once, and don’t know where to start. This situation can make anyone feel overwhelmed and confused, and therefore unprepared.
Using our REAL RocknRoll checklist and set your mind at ease.
We’ve also put together a move calendar for you so that you can get yourself more organized and plan to get things done with plenty of time.
Eight Weeks To Go:
- Choose your mover
- Check your mover’s record with the Better Business Bureau.
- Always check what your company’s relocation policy covers and what you will be responsible for before, during and after a move.
- Start an inventory process for your belongings and your furniture.
- Finalize which items you need to take, and which items you should get rid of, and what you can donate or sell.
Four Weeks To Go:
Update your change of address for the following:
- Post office
- Friends and relatives
- Social security
- Credit card companies
- Insurance companies
- Credit bureau and other creditors
- Onine subscriptions
- Brokers, Agents, Representatives
- Mail order accounts
- Delivery services
- Cable company
- Next, arrange your furniture and clean it.
- Collect and store all your records in a safe, accessible place.
- Also, if you have children, organize their health and school records for secure transfer.
- Check with your insurance policies to verify if they cover moving. Confirm that your new home is covered by theft, fire, earthquake, flood and any other personal property insurance.
- Begin packing the items you use the least.
Three Weeks To Go:
Discontinue your services with a set date for the following:
- Land-line Telephone
- Cable TV
- Gas company
- Trash company
- Babysitters and diaper services
- Water delivery and/or water softener service
- If moving your appliances, schedule a date to have them serviced at your new location.
- Start donating and selling items you will not be taking with you.
- If you live in an apartment, start packing
Two Weeks To Go:
- Update your address on your bank accounts
- If your move is out of the area, request your medical records from your doctor, dentist and optometrist
- Cancel your newspaper and/or magazine delivery
- Return any borrowed items and collect or recover the ones that have been loaned out
- Refill all prescriptions
- Make special arrangements to move your pets
- Confirm it with your mover if they also move houseplants, if not, then you need to make arrangements
- Disassemble your shelves, desks, closets and any furniture that contains pressed or manufactured wood
- Keep packing!
One Week To Go:
Start packing your separate, smaller box items that are required for the first days in your new home: Label them as “Load Last.” This should include the following:
- Clothes, linens, and towels
- Toothbrushes, toiletries, and paper goods
- Disposable plater, silverware, foil and wax paper
- Plastic containers, microwave, vacuum cleaner, and garbage bags
- Tool kit, step ladder, extension cord, light bulbs, and cleaning items
- In case your mover is packing all or some of your goods, call to schedule and confirm
- Try to consume all of your food items before you move. In case of any leftovers, donate it to a food pantry
- Keep packing!
Two Days To Go:
- Defrost and dry your refrigerators
- Gather all your valuables and other essential documents along with your expensive jewelry, safe deposit, and other items to carry them with you in your car. These items should not be packed with other things.
The Move Day:
- Make sure to be there for the last-minute details and give directions to movers.
- This day should be attributed to your move only. No other work should interfere!
- Before you leave, double-check all the rooms and closets.
- Once you are ready to go, turn off all the lights, close the windows and lock the doors.
- If necessary, be sure to leave all property keys and parking FOBs in a designated place.
- Supervise or direct the placement of your boxes and furniture.
- Do your inspection and check for any damages.
- If any boxes are crushed or open, inform your moving company asap to review it.
- Check the moving truck to ensure nothing is left behind.
If you are expecting a move sometime sooner and need help with planning or packing, call us at REAL RocknRoll Movers, and we will help you!
Why People Love Us
We provide experienced, professional and friendly movers who love making your move safe and fun!
From moving and packing large homes to commercial & office moves, REAL RocknRoll Movers has you covered.
NO TRUCK FEES. NO STAIR FEES. NO LONG CARRY FEES. EVER. Don’t get nickel and dimed by other companies!
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance do I need to book my move?
At least 2 weeks is always preferred. The end of the month is the busiest time for moving, so please contact us well in advance to make sure that we have availability. Weekends are people’s preferred move days, so if you have the flexibility to move during the week, we can often accommodate moves with shorter notice.
Are you licensed and insured? Are your movers background checked?
Yes. We are licensed with the state of California ( Cal-T 190785) and the US Dept. of Transportation (USDOT# 3196979). We fully insured with Liability Insurance, Cargo Insurance and Workers Comp Insurance..
Do you pack my stuff or should I do it?
We offer full packing services at great rates. They would need to be scheduled when your move is booked. In the event you do not schedule packing services and choose to pack yourself, all items will need to packed and ready to go prior to our arrival on move day.
What is your delivery range?
We perform moves anywhere within CA. We do not offer interstate moving at this time.
Do you have moving pads, wrapping supplies, dollies and straps for the job?
Yes. Our trucks come equipped with all necessary dollies and equipment to handle your move successfully. All furniture items are covered with moving pads and then stretch wrapped to ensure safe travel.at.
Can you tell me exactly how much my move will cost me?
Because there are so many variables and every situation is so unique, it’s hard to provide an exact quote for a move. The info you provide helps us give you an estimate and can help get a ballpark figure for the job. We provide a Not To Exceed price for all moves.